Ohio Humanities is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented entry level professional to support our grantmaking process and executive leadership team. Starting your career at Ohio Humanities is a great way to grow a career in the humanities sector and non-profit leadership. This position will interact with members of the public, funded partners and internal and external stakeholders. Competitive salary and excellent benefits are offered.
Ohio Humanities is a statewide nonprofit dedicated to promoting the public humanities. We’re a grant maker, a program facilitator and partner and much more. We strive for an Ohio where the humanities make a meaningful difference in everyday lives. All members of the Ohio Humanities team should be committed to our mission and exhibit our values of inclusivity, curiosity, integrity and partnership.
Ohio Humanities is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all ages, genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.
Job Title: Executive & Grants Support Coordinator
Job Purpose: Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and coordinate administrative functions for Ohio Humanities Grants Program.
Reporting To: Executive Director, with a dotted line to the Associate Director
Location: Columbus, OH
- Provide detail-oriented administrative support to the Executive Director, including:
- Calendar management
- Communication with key external partners
- Coordination of Board of Directors activities
- Coordination of staff events
- Research support for Council Conducted Projects
2. Support Ohio Humanities Grants Operation, including:
- Provide administrative support for grant review process
- Support Associate Director and Program Officer with grantee communication
- Coordinate process for developing and disseminating grant contracts and payments
- Coordinate communications to grant review panel members
- Communicate with grantees to collect reports
3. All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with digital tools
- Ability to use a digital database
- Ability to serve in an administrative support role
- Experience (or ability to learn) coordinating the human side of data collection
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collegially with team members
- Openness to seeing assistance to successfully complete a task
- Openness to feedback and professional development
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word in particular)
- Ability to complete tasks in a self-directed way once training has been completed
- An appreciation for the Humanities
- An appreciation for working with a diverse cross section of the public
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.