- This event has passed.
Ohio Statehood Day & a Showing of the Lincoln School Marchers
March 2 @ 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
In commemoration of Ohio’s founding, Ohio History Connection and their partners invite you to join a broad coalition of history advocates for our annual Statehood Day event. The state’s birthday serves as an appropriate time each year for history advocates to come together to help showcase the importance of Ohio’s history and how history, historic preservation and the organizations that help provide access to Ohio’s rich history benefit the Buckeye State. Statehood Day is a celebration of Ohio and its history, as well as a legislative advocacy event!
Check back for more information on the 2023 event. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on March 2, 2023 at the Ohio Statehouse for a day of celebrating Ohio and its history.
Join your fellow Ohioans at 9:30AM in the Atrium for light refreshments. At 10AM the formal presentation will begin, including exciting updates from America 250-Ohio commission, and the Ohio History Leadership Awards Ceremony. Immediately following the formal presentation you can enjoy a variety of activities:
- Celebrate with the Ohio History Fund Grant winners in the Atrium
- Learn about one community’s battle for school integration by viewing the documentary Marching On: The Fight for School Integration in Hillsboro, Ohio, presented by Ohio Humanities, in the Governor Thomas Worthington Room
- See exhibits featuring historical collections from across the state (location TBD)
- Visit our partner organizations’ tables to learn more about all the great work they are doing throughout the state (location TBD)
- Experience the architectural gem of the Ohio Statehouse on a tour (meeting location TBD)
- Meet with your legislators
- Not sure how to do this? Join the Ohio Museums Association on February 13 for a free webinar about how to get the most out of your advocacy visits. Find out more information and register here.
Ohio History Connection